All Android smartphones have a hotspot function. This feature allows you to share the connection from your smartphone with other devices such as laptops, PCs or other smartphones. Hotspots can be password protected, but additional protection can be enabled. This means that you can limit the number of devices that can be connected.
So you don’t miss how many devices are connected to your hotspot. Here are some ways you can limit the number of hotspot users from your mobile phone.
- First, open the settings menu on your Android phone
- Then select the Connection menu
- Then click on the Portable hotspot and tethering option
- Then select the Portable hotspot option
- Then click on the hotspot user menu
- After that, several user device names connected to your WiFi hotspot network will appear
- If you want to block a user you don’t think you know, click that person’s device name and then click the Delete or Block button
- Finished. The unknown user you have successfully blocked now can’t find your wifi hotspot signal network anymore. And your WiFi network will be safer and faster
How to limit Wi-Fi signal users from the Maximum Connection menu.
- First, open the Settings / Settings menu on your smartphone
- Then click the More menu
- Then click on the Tethering & Portable Device menu
- Then click on the Wi-Fi Hotspot menu
- Then click the WiFi Setup button
- Then the Wifi Setup pop-up window will appear
- In the Wireless Setup window, click the Maximum Connection menu.
- Then in the “Maximum connection” menu, change the number according to your preference. Example: 3 users. This number is the maximum number of users who can join your WiFi network
- Then we click on the Save and OK button to save the newly created settings
- Finished. Now only 3 users can access your wifi network to keep your wifi network fast while accessing internet
- First, open the settings menu or settings on the Android smartphone
- Then click the More menu button
- After that, click on the Tethering & Portable Device menu
- Then select the WiFi hotspot menu
- Next, from the Wi-Fi hotspot menu, we select Bandwidth Usage
- After successfully entering the bandwidth usage menu. Then check the Enable bandwidth throttling box
- Then enter the number in the bandwidth column. This number is the maximum data transfer speed that the user can use in kbps (kbps).kilobits per second) for both downloading and uploading. Examples like: 100 kbps
- After entering the numbers. Then we click on the OK button to save the settings we have just made
- Finished. Now users who enter the WiFi network can only access the Internet with a maximum data transfer speed of 100 kbps
These are a few ways you can try blocking or restricting your smartphone hotspot usage.